Monday, December 31, 2012

I woke up and got on the scale...

So, today's post was going to be a fun looking back to 2012......then I woke up and got on the scale.

I honestly got on the scale 3 times.....all the same result.   I have gained 16 pounds this year.

That is the same weight as:





















This bowling ball.....it is a nice representation on how I have taken care of  my self this year.

I have not.   I have just let this heavy ball just roll over me.  I have stopped going to the gym, I have stopped noticing what I put in my mouth, I have a glass of wine more than I should, I don't drink water like I should, etc....

So, I was at my sons piano recital this weekend and my friends FIL has lost about 30 pounds.   I  said you look great, he said, yep eating right and moving does wonders!

That really is all it takes, eating right, and moving.

I have stopped doing both. 


So, I got on the scale today and it hit me in the gut that I am not taking care of myself.   That sucks more than the gaining of weight.....I need to take care of myself if I want to take care of others.

Perspective:   I know I can loose this.   I know it is only 16 pounds.   It is not the weight that bothers me so much as the fact that the numbers tell a story of me letting myself go to the side.   My wedding ring is tight.....like really tight.   That sucks.   But, it is what it is and in the perspective thing it is a small thing to stress about.  I just need to eat right and move.   Simple right?!?!?!?

*I have joined a boot camp at the Y.....that will help me get up and go and have accountability for it. :-)
*I am planning on cleaning out the pantry today so if you want some chips, or candy come on by!


1 comment:

  1. I am so right there with you. I lost 60 pounds 2 years ago and put all of it back on since then. I have to accept that my weight is always going to be a struggle for me and I can never just let it get out of control. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete