Monday, December 3, 2012

Just do your best…

So, the stress of test gets to me.  I find myself questioning, “Why am I doing this?”….I mean school has never been easy for me, what make me think that in my 30’s, with a family, and a full time job I can also be successful in a school of Theology. Really?!!?!?

Then I hear the words of Slick, “Mom, don’t have anxiety.  Just do your best. I have learned at school that anxiety makes you not do your best.”  *Sigh*

Ok, so I heard the words, but in my up past my bed time stress (and being ill for 2 days and losing out on study time) I find my stomach is in a knot and feel the stress in my veins.  

This is when I stop and I say, “I can do this, I have done this.”  I have been successful in all my classes so far, so why will my brain fail me now.  I know the material, and I will study my a** off this week and know it inside and out.

I am doing this because this is what I want, and this is the path that God has put me on.  I signed up for the classes; God did not do that for me.  I drive to class; God may or may not have a current driver’s license.  Now, the peace that comes before a test or when writing a paper I don’t quite feel qualified to be writing, God is with me.  That peace can only come from God. 

I can do this, and I will do this.  In a moment of doubt I will just watch this video and be again rewarded by the words and energy of a child.




Perspective:  Sometimes you need to get over yourself and listen to a kid.  They *at times* are much smarter than us "adults".  They said it like it is.  Simple.

2 comments:

  1. You got this girl! (LOVE the video link -- that is BEYOND precious!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have watched it at every study break....hahah

      Delete