Friday, December 28, 2012

What is your New Year’s Resolution?



I have a list of the typical….

1-Eat better/go to the gym
2-Focus on my kids
3-Focus on my husband
4- Make my prayer life more important each day.

But, why?   This is something that I want to do each year.   Each Day.   So, I am on a mission to come up with a better New Year’s Resolution.   One than is different than my typical daily mantra.   One year we focused on going to the doctor, and it gives me a peace of mind and it is now a part of our daily life.  

So, here it is.....


2013: as my eyes wake up let me grab my kindle for my devotion, then my gym shoes, and after I have taken care of myself, let me focus on those who matter most, and give my husband a kiss in the morning, and hug my kids when I see them.   I will also remember the forgotten.  This year I will find a charity/mission that I will give myself to be a part of.



Ok, done….so really it is not that much different than the list above, but I will put it up in my room and my office.  I have never really done this before. So, maybe that will help.  But, I like to focus on something new that you put into or take out of your life.   Charity is going to be my addition, and not just sending a check, but giving my time.   So, that is the plan.  :-)

I did take a picture of Slick’s when I was up at his school for winter parties….

 


I look a picture of it not to scrapbook it, but to remind him…..you should have seen the Mom’s and Dad’s snapping pictures!!! They said things like, I want to be nice to my sister and brother, I want to do better in school, etc

The Mom that made me giggle was, “Man, my kid wants to write a book, that gives me nothing at home…..”   

Perspective:  I kinda think that Resolutions are a bunch of hogwash....we don't write them because we want to we write them because of peer pressure.   So, I say do your best and remember who you are when you write one!  

No comments:

Post a Comment