Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2013 is here!

Ok, I have to say that 2013 has been great so far!  Mr. let me sleep in until 10:00.....really...... I slept until 10:00!!!!  I am an early riser but I guess this girl needed her sleep!

Then we went to a great community event the Polar Bear Plunge.  If you have never heard of it check it out!   Slick is thinking about jumping in next year!

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Taking-a-Polar-Bear-Plunge-for-a-Good-Cause-185374651.html

Scott Sullivan Scholarship Fund https://sites.google.com/site/sssf2009/home-1

Then some shopping and some lazy time and even some paper writing.

I have to say that I am excited about this new year and the new opportunities that will be possible.

 My friend from High School posted this on face book, "I see a lot of people saying this year was bad and yay! for the next year. Here's the deal, pickles. If I looked back at my years I would have to say every year since 2000 has been a f***taster. Here is my advice (listen up, I don't give advice often): go week to week. If you can look at your week and and see that you had even one good day... You are pretty damned lucky. I am happy because I strive to live in the moment. Don't look back and think your years have been bad. It is much easier to just hope for a good week. Then it is much easier to deal with a rough day or two."

Perspective:  This made me stop and think.  It gave me great perspective.   Every day that we have is a gift, even the f***aster days.   So enjoy them.  Find the good in each one....if you can't then go to bed and know that tomorrow is new.

So, Happy 2013!   If you would like to read her blog it is posted in my side view.  I look up to her in so many ways.   She has a plate that is full and she is honest about it all.  http://raisingcrazydiaries.blogspot.com/

 Our family pictures from NYE.....

On our way for a NYE surprise!

Surprise!

#1...my head cut out....

#2 My butt sticking out....

#3...who we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment