Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Play with me....

So, I hear this almost every day.....

Mommy will you play with me?  I have found myself saying,"Give me 5 minutes." and that 5 minutes has a away of turning into 10,20,30....then the opportunity is gone.

What is better than the imagination that my kids now have?  What is more important than that?  an email? a dinner? laundry?

What is my problem?

You know what happens when I say, "Yes!"

I get to be a part of there lives in the most pure and fun way.

I get to be a ninja.
I get to be a princess awaiting rescue.
I get to play UNO.
I get to help a police man in a rescue.
I get to read some awesome books.

So, this Christmas season I am so very thankful for my family.  I will focus on saying YES.

You know in about 10 years the boys that I now have will be taller than me, and I will not hear, "Mommy will you play with me?"

This is the moment.  Dinner can wait.  The email can be sent after bed time.  Facebook is really not that important.  This is the moment.

You can tell by my face....the scare me a little. :-)


Perspective:  Play is an amazing thing.  The fact that my boys have the ability to imagine is a gift.  I love to laugh and I love to play and I need to remember just that.....life is fun if you let the fun win!


No comments:

Post a Comment