Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Well, this is the end to our "Dan-miss" celebration and this is the end of my blog entries about it.

Let me say that Mr. is back to him self. He came home last year on Dec. 26th.

The time that he was home and recovering was really a blur.   He was home.  It was different, he was different, but he was home.  His pic line was removed in the hospital and he was on many different medications (which I happily color coded) and we went to the doctor every week for a while.

 The time that he was home was hard, and wonderful at the same time.   There were moments where I longed for the medical staff to be around us, for the daily reports of his blood work, for the reassurance that he was getting better.  I watched him sleep.  As time went on I was more comfortable to leave him at home with out me.   Then I was able to leave him with our kiddos.  

Time heals, and he has made a full recovery.  He went back to work around March of 2012. 

I still dealt/deal with the Why.  

Why did he get so sick?
Why did he make it? (sound horrible i know....)
Why do others not?

But, the WHY questions are not ever going to be answered.  That has to be ok.  

My Mr. is back, he drives me crazy, he does great things, and we are back to just being a typical family. 

Back in January-March I had a guilt trip anytime I was frustrated with him.  How could I get mad at the man that could not be with us?  But, you know what he is still my husband.  I will still get frustrated with him (and him at me).   I had to get over that.  Therapy helps.

I am having a hard time putting an ending to this story.   I think because the story is not over.   We are living our lives and the story keeps on going.

Perspective:   This story is full of love, full of support, full of faith.  I will never forget the moment when I knew we would be ok.  This was a moment so Holy that I can not put it into words.   It reminds me that we are never alone. This is what changed my perspective on life.  This is what makes me look for the good.   So, on this Christmas morning, the good is AWESOME it was back to our normal.  Merry Christmas!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment