Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Just Help....

So, last week I was on the side of the road.  I smashed my car into the curb, the curb won!!!

I was with my oldest, we were driving home from the doctor.  This was also the day of a sweet friends funeral,  so i was dressed for that.  (A dress and heals)

Well, we were there for a just a moment, and I had Slick get out of the car and start to help me with, at the time, I thought was just a flat tire.

It was a new car.  I was looking through the book to even figure out where the spare tire was.

I knew I could do this, but I did call my Dad to see what he was doing.  My Dad was on his way.

Ok, then comes the RANDOM stranger.  I am getting out the tire when he says, " I know you can do this, but I am willing to help."

This stopped me. "I will take your help!"   Thank God!   I had no clue what I was doing.  I knew I could do it, and wanted to get it going before my Dad arrived.  But, I was in a dress and heals, and my kiddo was sitting on the side of a busy street.

He did help, he changed the tire (and had to look at the book just like me) and when it was put on said "I don't know if I would drive this".
He had taken 30 minutes of his life to get dirty and help a compete stranger.........for nothing.   I ended up calling a tow truck.

Here is what bothers me.....he was very hesitant to help...like he would offend me.

I needed help, I took the help.  Could I have done it on my own, the answer is YES, but was it nice to have help....YES!

I think we worry to much about offending others this day and age that we just drive by.   I could have come to the own conclusion to call the tow truck, but 2 other people with me saying the same thing made that conclusion better.

Perspective: Help each other...it makes us all better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment