Monday, October 22, 2012

Why Perspective is important....


So, the picture above was on Saturday night.  My then 8 year old went to bed with all his normal bed time routines.  Then about 45 minutes later we hear crying.......it is Slick. He is saying that he does not feel good.   We calm him down and put him back to bed (after taking his temp, after laughing, etc.).   He went to bed fine with attempt #2.  

Then I got to my computer and find the message above, "I am 8 for the last day :-(, Oct. 20, 2012, last day of even 1 digit numbers.  :-) bye 8." 

Ok, in all honesty, I responded to the notes as,"Really Kid".  Not to his face, he was back asleep.   But, it got me thinking.  Wow, perspective really does make a difference.  He went to bed morning the the year of 8.  I would have gone to bed excited about the birthday of 9.  

The lives we lead are busy and full of things.   Some are good, some are not so good.  But, to focus on the negative leads us to negative every where.

What if my boy went to bed excited about being 9?   (Which is what we had just talked about, he just took a different perspective)

When I wrecked my car last week....guess what I had a random stranger stop to help and my own Dad on the way.   So, I could focus on the wreck or I could focus on the good.  I choose the good.

This is just one example of perspective, but you get the point.

I hope for my kids they learn that life is what you choose it to be.  You can be sad about what has passed, or you can focus on the future. *** Now we can also say, cherish every moment, but that is a different blog entry.****

So, Today, MONDAY, I will look that this week will be good, full of blessings, and moments that are not so great.  I will choose to focus on the blessings.  The good comes with the bad.   What is your focus?  I am working on my kiddos seeing the good and not the bad.     It makes life so much easier to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment