Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A day in the life: Morning routine….how do we leave on time? Or do we?

A day in the life: Morning routine….how do we leave on time?  Or do we?

Ok, so this is what happens on Sunday/a school night: (or what I plan to happen)

- check back packs so they are ready for Monday
- put snack in back pack (they boys are in charge of this if they forget TBSS (To Bad So Sad)
- pick out clothes for school M-F (Sunday only- or other days if we don't do it on Sunday)
- pack lunches as needed

The morning:
The boys have alarms in their room.  It is set for 6:30.  You need to know I have early birds and most days they get up.  So, I have no real advice for kids who don't wake up......sorry. But, before you want to stone me:  They wake up at 6:00-6:30AM EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR....so when you kid is still sleeping mine is NOT.

*Perfect world below*

6:30- They get up and make their bed.  (The bed making almost never happens)
6:40- They get dressed. (happens- but never the feet...I always have to ask to put socks and shoes on)
6:50- They start breakfast.  (cereal, or some wonderful frozen waffle and fruit or yogurt, or a smoothie)
7:00- They brush their teeth.

7:05-  I say, you need to make your bed....have you brushed your teeth?  Why don't you have shoes on?

Our neighbors come over about 7:10 so they need to be ready by then if they want to color, read books with them.

We gather in the kitchen to hang until about 7:25 clean up (all are getting great at that - it just took one morning where there was nothing to do on the table to understand we clean up we get stuff, we don't clean up, we won't).  The cool thing is that the older kids have started reading the devotion in the mornings.  This does not happen every day, but it makes my heart happy when it does!

7:30- Lunch and Back pack check and out the door.

I have found that planning before hand is the key.  Everything must be ready to go for us in the morning.  Then all we have to do is get ready, eat, and go.



Perspective: Some days it all works, some days I find myself taking deep breaths, sometimes I just loose my mind.  But, most the time it works.  It is just like most everything in my life.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment