Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Mammogram

So, I did it.  It was a year later than I was supposed to do it, but it is done.  I had my first mammogram.

It is really nothing to be afraid of.  I don’t really know why I put it off for a year.

Here are my observations:

The waiting room is full of women.  You can read the stories on their faces.  
  • Women with fear and hope all over them (oh sweet woman sitting in the corner your eyes told your story- you will be in my prayers). 
  • Women who just came in like they are supposed to.  
  • The newbies, who are wondering what is about to happen to them. 


Everyone is very kind.  The 60ish woman who over heard that it was my first time walked me through what would happen when they called me back. 

That job is really strange.  I mean you deal with boobies all daylong.  I wonder if they ever go home and say, “If I see one more boob today I am going to scream.”

When the sentence, “Don’t be nervous, Don’t worry, etc” is used more than 3 times in 5 minutes.  I go straight to the crazy worry mode. I have gone straight into how we will deal with the diagnosis.   I have gone to crazy land.  

There were lots of floral couches they were really way to soft.

It is nice that they had snacks.  I like snacks.

The procedure was not great, but not horrible.  Defiantly worth the time

After my boobs were smooched I went a got a new bra.  This is going to be my new tradition.  Mammogram=new bra.  J

I got a call yesterday day that the mammogram cam back normal.    Hey, some good news this year. I'll take it!

Perspective:  Get your mammogram done.  I'll watch your kids as long as you bring me a snack. I mean,for real,  check out the picture below.  They are both all smiles! So it must be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment