Monday, October 8, 2012

Christmas is coming…



I know, I know it is October.....But deal with it.

So, Christmas is coming. I have already been brainwashing my kids what to ask Santa for so that he has time to provide (my 3rd grader might read this on occasion).  J but, this Christmas THIS Christmas I am so looking forward to.

Last Christmas was not great.  I say that knowing it could have been more life changing that it was.  But, Mr. was sick.  I am not talking flu, I am talking ICU sick.  He had bacterial meningitis.  That is not good.  Just google it.  This post will not get into the details, but life last year around Christmas was full of unknowns mainly:

Will my rock (husband) live?
 If he lives will he still be the same person?

This past week I have been working on the computer for different reasons and emails/FB instant messages where December was shown. 

It stopped me. 

It made me cry.  It made me thankful.  It made me humble.

I am not only thankful for the normal that my family still knows, but in rereading emails and looking through FB messages.  I am thankful for the people that surround our family. 

I don’t know about you- but Mr. and I can’t do this day to day life alone.  We need family and friends to help us get through normal day to day life. I love my family.  I love my friends that really are my family.

I can’t wait for this Christmas.  I am going to be a mess, but in a thankful, ignore my constant crying thankful.  Life is precious.  Every single moment (good and bad).  Because I have learned that it can change in a day, a second

This is my bible verse that I held tight through last Christmas:
Philippians 4:4-9

 4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5Let your gentleness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. 6Do not worry about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

8 Finally, beloved, whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is pleasing, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence and if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 9Keep on doing the things that you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.

Perspective:  I am going to be a mess this holiday season. I know it.   Just avoid me around the holiday season.  I will either hug you to the point where you don’t check your mail when I am out front OR I will just be this happy joyous being that is so annoying to be around you stay indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment