Thursday, October 25, 2012

Walking life with Faith

WARNING....THIS ONE IS DEEPER THAN USUAL..... PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

So, faith is a very important thing to me.  It is the connector between me and my relationship with God.

I do have to say, that sometimes listening to the things that God puts on my heart is not always easy.   Some days I just have to hit the ignore button.   But, we all know, that does me no good. I then have this pit in my stomach knowing that I need to listen.  I need to respond.

A good friend told me that God does not usually talk in codes.   So, just listen.

That sounds so very easy.   But we all know that sometimes it is so hard.

The past few months my devotion time (I am reading Jesus Calling) has been very important to me.  I believe this devotion book was written just for me.  I can not tell you a day where it did not speak to a joy, a worry, a fear, an anxiety, that I was/am dealing with.  

I think that is the point of this book.  The author wrote to the things that most people deal with and gives it a focus that helps me in my faith journey.  This time has become as important as my 1st cup of coffee!

So, I ask you what helps you keep connected to God?   What makes your faith strong?  

I know that in times of need faith has brought me through when I could not stand on my own two feet.  But, here is the kicker- on my good days am I as faithful?  or do I take the credit for the good and only rely on faith in times of need?!?!?  This is a flaw that I am working on: To remember my faith journey EVERY day.

Happy Thursday!




No comments:

Post a Comment