Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Choices

It is said that we make about 5 decisions each minute (well Google told me that).  That means in an 8 hour day that is over 2,000 decisions.

So, in all these decisions we have choices.

Have you been to a soft serve ice cream place lately?  You have about 10 ice cream flavors to choose from and then about 50 toppings.   Some options seem to go together some don't.

Slick usually combines some cookies and cream with sherbet.  He then adds gummy worms, sprinkles, and some kinda of chocolate.  His choices see very odd to me, but he is happy so who am I to judge?   

Choices.  They can be so simple and yet so very complex.  I can make a complex decision in 5 seconds and then it will take me 2 days to decided what to wear to a party.  This is where my problem is.  When the difficult decisions are to be made I usually only think of my family when making the decision.   The party dress I think of the environment of the party, the people attending the party, the time of the party, etc.   When I am trying to please that many people the decision process is much harder.

Go back to Slick and his nasty frozen yogurt choices.   He does not care that I think it is nasty.  This is his choice.  His dessert.

So, today when you are making your 5 decisions each minute.  Who do you think about?  What complicates the process?   Really- it is a good choice or a bad choice.  But, most of them are not life changing.  So, just make it.  Maybe you will like cookies and cream yogurt mixed with raspberry sherbet and if you don't.  Make a different choice next time.  Simple really.  ;-)

Perspective:  If you make a bad choice today.  Who really cares.  Fix it and move on.  If you hurt some one say sorry.  Admit your mistakes and move on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment