Monday, October 15, 2012

Some Days are Harder Than Others

Do you ever feel like the world is out to get you?  I mean….really.  Today was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.  I promised my Mom I would not move to Australia.

6:30-  Slick wakes up with a fever of 102.  Awesome

9:30- Doctor, found out it is strep, Slick got a shot in his behind (did kind of ok, I was not dripping in sweat leaving the doctor’s office, so I will consider it a win) Read Doctor History Here.

9:45- Driving home, and I hit a curb.   HARD.   I hate that I did that.  It is totally my fault.  It is really hard to blame a curb.   Random man stopped to help (THANK YOU), and Dad came to get Slick and I from the side of the road.   Finally had to have the car towed…..I did a number on it. 

12:45- Make it just in time for Book Fair with my Mr. Determined.

3:00- Funeral for a dear woman.  A dear friend.  See Cancer Sucks.
            Slick loses his mind about half way through the service.  Mr.  Determined kept winking at me so I would smile.  Mr. at one point grabs a tissue a wipes a tear from his eye.   It was a wonderful service.  I was so proud of all who lead it.   It was full of tears and of laughter.  It was a perfect tribute to her.

5:30- Get home to random flowers from a new friend.  I love random flowers!!!!

5:45- Get a rental car.

6:30- Notice dog has some kind of bite/tumor on eyelid.  That is just great. 

By the Way....Our AC is still broken.  

Dinner, clean up, etc.

7:20- Read books in bed with my boys.

8:00-Bed time.   Moments that are precious.   Prayers that are so faithful.

8:30- Phone time with neighbor, plan speech for tomorrow’s dinner, kiss my hubby before bed and feel truly blessed.

So, today was not great, but had pockets of greatness.  I did not even mention all the hugs and love that was shared before and after the service.  So, I will choose to focus on the good, because the bad, well, just sucks.  I don’t want my life to suck.  I want it to be good.   I cried today, I laughed today.  So, I just say, some days are harder than others, maybe tomorrow will be better, maybe it won’t.  But, it is another day.  It is another gift.  

No comments:

Post a Comment