Thursday, September 27, 2012

Weight




I said it.  Weight.  I am at a weight that is ok, not great, but ok.  I am on the higher sides of where my weight fluctuates.  But, guess what I stopped working out and kept eating.  Last year at this time I was at the gym 4-5 days a week.  If I missed a class or a work out people sent me a text.  This year:  People think I have moved. 

I know what I need to do go get back to my normal weight.  I need to eat less crap and work out.  It really is that simple.

I have simply got out of the routine.  It is no longer a ball that I worry about.  If it drops I leave it on the ground and think about it later.  This needs to change. 

Yesterday I put on 4 outfits before I walked out of the house.  This was not because I had some great meeting or some interview, it was finding something that fit right.  Well, maybe I will remember the time it takes to get dressed when my alarm goes off to go for the jog instead of hitting snooze.   

Weight….ug.  It is so simple yet finding the motivation to fix it is my issue.  I think I might just put a picture of me naked on my alarm clock and I will jump up to begin the journey back to the routine.  (This will not happen my kids do not need that memory!)

Perspective:  I am not 200 pounds overweight, I am 10 20 pounds (or 30 depending on who you ask).  I am happy with my life and unhappy with my weight.  I miss the gym.  I miss spin class.  I miss sweating.  But, I am not doing much to change it. So, who wants to be my buddy?  Who will remind me that I feel better when I sweat in the morning?  Why can’t I do it by myself?  So, do I really miss it?  *Deep thoughts by Kim*

P.S.-Tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! And I have a GNO tonight!  

No comments:

Post a Comment