Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I don’t want to…..



So my youngest, let’s call him Mr. Determined.  He has been having a difficult time with this whole going back to school thing.  We have been “tear free” for 2 weeks and then this morning.  BOOM! 
“I don’t want to” *with the quiet sobs*.  Those of you who are Mother’s know that the quiet sobs go straight into your heart. 

This is what I wanted to do:  I NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR BRAIN!!!  Are you being picked on?  Are you having a hard time with learning?  Are you not making friends?!?!   TALK TO ME KID!  I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS.

This is what I did:  Mr. Determined you have a wonderful school.  You teacher is nice, you have great friends, you are in my favorite grade in the whole wide world.  Don’t forget today you get to wear a cape to school (BTW- what boy cries on a day they get to wear a super hero cape to school!?!?)  I just keep assuring him that he is loved at home and at school.  

Just so you all know, I have talked with his teacher and the counselor.  He is doing great during the day at school.  He has friends, he is active in the classroom, his behavior is under control, etc.

My problem with this whole thing is I can’t fix it.  I am a fixer.  I don’t know why he is getting so upset.  So I can’t fix it.  That sucks. 

Perspective:
But this is what I do know.  I have taught my children right from wrong, how to stand up for who they are, how to make friends, how to get out of icky situations, to be kind to others, AND they are never alone God is always walking with them.  I have to trust that. 

So, today as I go about my day with constant thoughts of how to fix this.  I must let it go. 
So, I pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment