Monday, September 24, 2012

Halloween is 38 days away!


So, as soon as we had 2 kids I dressed our kids up in themesfor Halloween.  It started with a Firemanand a Dalmatian, and then I went the next step: Family costumes!!!


2009- The Scooby Doo Family (Aunt and Uncle even participated)

2010-
Star Wars
(Please note the 6 foot Yoda and 3 foot Darth Vader)

2011- Super Hero's (Mom and Dad got lazy and went with t-shirts)  
So, This year we have planned a Harry Potter Theme.  So, now it is time to figure out how to create the costumes on a budget and with limited time (see the to do list here). But, this is a family memory that i want to do as long as my boys are not protesting. 

To be fully disclosed:  Halloween is on a Wednesday night this year.  So, I (Hermione) will be in class.  I totally thought about skipping, but I have a project due in the one class and in the other it is just not worth it to miss.  But, we will go to fall festivals at church and neighborhood events where we can be our Harry Potter Family.  


On Halloween night, I will  have my hubby walk around the neighborhood with a cut out of Hermione so that Mr. Determined will not loose his mind and the Happy Pottery Theme is complete.  (He totally loves respects ignores me and all my ideas!)

Positive Perspective: 
I could be sad about missing Halloween, but this year I will let my hubby have all the joy of walking around the neighborhood as Hagrid.  He deserves to make some memories with the boys.  

Where I am really at:  I don't want to miss Halloween.  I love it.  I might just where my Hermione costume to class.  Take that Class.  *Pity Party* 




No comments:

Post a Comment