Sunday, September 2, 2012

I should stop touching things!


This is my 3rd time to start a blog.  I always get to the name and then that is allI do.  So, today I thought I would writea post and get a little crazy.  This isgoing to be focused on Perspective.  Ibelieve that perspective is a beautiful thing; it can make a wonderful day suckand a sucky day wonderful.  It is reallyall about the lenses that you view life out of. I will start with my life.

So, 2012 has been the year of things breaking.  It started with my husband.  He landed in ICU December of 2011 withbacterial meningitis.  Let’s just saythis is not how we planned to spend our Christmas Holiday season.  This was one of those hospital stays wherethe doctors avoid you because nothing they are going to say is good.   But, aLONG story very short, he came home December 26th and was back towork by March of 2012.  It sucked.Really. Really. Sucked.  But throw insome perspective and instead of having my husband’s funeral on December 26thhe came home and recovered.  Not so badwhen you look at it through with a different perspective.   That is full of miracles from God that I holdon to with thankful and merciful hands each day.
 
Ok, on to the things breaking. This year my AC went outon the snazzy minivan  our washer has broken twice, ourdishwasher is on its last breath, ourfridge went out, our AC unit has now sprung a leak and we have cool newstains on our celling, and the tiles are cracking in our kitchen.  I could list a few more but you get the point.  It was like anything I touched it fell apart.  Someone asked me recently,  “What lesson do you think you have learnedabout this past year?”  My first responsewas, “I need to stop touching things.”
Perspective: 

  •          ICU:  Itis a scary place where I held on tight to prayers, family and friends. 
  •          The Car AC: We had a car, and after tight budgeting for the next 4 years we now havea new car.
All Below:  We are lucky to have a home!!!
  •          The washer: I have a Mom and a neighbor very close, I could always get the clothesclean. AND our family has more than one outfit each, so we could wait for it toget fixed.
  •          The AC unit: It went out in August inTexas.  It was the ONE day that was 85degrees.  It got fixed.
  •          Leak in the attic:  Well, now I just get to repaint ourkitchen. 
  •          Tiles in kitchen:  Looks like we just need to start saving forsome fancy new floors.

But, overall I must say that I learned that stuff isstuff.  It can be fixed or replaced.  People cannot. 

 I am off to write a paper now.

No comments:

Post a Comment