Sunday, September 16, 2012

Change.....


So, it is past my bed time I can’t sleep.  This is just one of those nights my brain will not turn off, so writing seems to help me out.  If you read this blog please know it is the product of my rambling brain. 

*warning*

Today was an awesome day a ‘work’.  I use the quotes because my job is more than work, it is a calling that fulfills me.  Now, to be totally honest, some days it is a job.  It is work.  But, today was a day where I got to witness the work of God and be humble enough to be a part of it. 

It was the 1st Birthday/Anniversary of the new start church I serve.  We had a wonderful worship service and then after a BBQ that ROCKED!  I am taking good food and good people.  It is so perfect to be surrounded with a community of Christians that are real people.  We laugh, we cry, we mess up (as seen today as I said the church I served LAST YEAR in the welcome).  The experience each week is real.  

I know this blog is centered around perspective so here you go:

September 2011:
I had been serving at the new church start for about a month.  I did not know what I was doing.  I was faking it, and loving it.  But, it was a time in my life that I choose change.  Those who know me well know that I. DO. NOT. LIKE. CHANGE.  I had changed my job, I had changed my family’s rhythm, I had changed my vocational path, and I had changed most everything that was ‘normal’ to our family.  I had major guilt about this.  
(Now just so you know my kids adjusted fine, my hubby is always super supportive to my goals, and it worked out just fine.  But, it was still change and it was difficult.)

September 2012:
I have been serving at the new church start for about a year.  I got this.  I love this.  I know what I am doing more than I don’t.  I am loving Perkins, I am excited about all the ministries that are taking place at the new church. I am excited about the 1st year birthday/anniversary.  I came home and took a nap.  I have no guilt.

This is what happens sometimes when the opportunity for change comes.
 It is scary.  It is different….

PERSPECTIVE:  It is new. It is fun.  It all works out.  Just keep on walking down the road. 

Think about this when a change enters into your life; will you allow it? Or will you shut it out?

What is the best/worst change that has happened in your life?  Would you change it now?  Or when you see it through new PERSPECTIVE is it just plain AWESOME? 

Let me know….. 

No comments:

Post a Comment