Saturday, September 22, 2012

To do list:


Confession: Color coding things gives me a happy high.  I love excel spreadsheets, label makers, colored pens, highlighters, etc.  Just put me in a shopping mall with an Office Supply store, a Container Store, and some food rations and pick me up in a week. 
But then when I open up my computer and see this…..


I could cry.  That is a lot to do.  That is a lot of colors.  It is just to much on some days. 

But my perspective:  I dreamed of having kids and they get several colors.  I love my job it has a color.  I am really loving my time at SMU/Perkins it has a color.  I love time with family and friends, yet another color.  I love like need to visit the YMCA yet another color.The fullness of my life keeps me in balance.  When a color is missing so is my rhythm.  

So I look at it like a juggling act.  When the rhythm is good all the balls are moving in a constant motion.  Some days a ball (or 2) drops; well guess what…that is why I am juggling balls not plates.  I can just pick them up and start again.  Every day is new and full of beautiful colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment