Friday, January 11, 2013

Be Present in Life!

So, I had a great week this week.

Why you might ask?  Becasue I have been present.in each moment.  It has been a goal.

It all came to me yesterday at 3:00.   

Yesterday at 3:00.....I went home to pick up the boys and I was not ready to leave work. (We all know that we can always do 3 more things when we leave every day.)   But, I did leave like my scheduled said.

I drove home and I walked outside to greet the kids and they ran to me and hugged me.

I had a true moment.

I was so happy to see them, they were happy to see me. I was present.  I was not on my phone or on the computer when they walked in the door.  My eyes meet their eyes and it was so very good.

I believe that this is the reason that my week has been so good.  

I have been meeting new people, you have to be present in that moment.

I have been focusing on my family time.

I have been focusing on my work time.

I have had great phone calls with old and new friends.

This week I have found:

  • I regret teaching my children "ice,ice, baby" If I listen to that song one more time I might stab myself in the eye.
  • I have fallen in love with a new book with Slick.   Read it:  Wonderstruck by Brian Selnick
  • I have spent some (a date night is needed) quality time with Mr.
  • I have had loved having devoted time and place for work.  It gives me energy and passion when I am surrounded by others with the same visions.
  • I have given the time that I need for devotions.   That is an energy that feeds my soul.
  • I have to figure out when I can make it to the gym.   That is missing and needed. 
I challenge you all to be present where you are.  Look around, notice......it will make a HUGE impact on how you live you daily life.


Perspective:   Be present.  It really can be that simple. Be a part of  each moment wherever you are at (Target, Home, Work, School, etc.).  The moments where you can focus makes the time more important and vital to who you are.   


No comments:

Post a Comment