Thursday, January 17, 2013

What to say.....

This blog is the 3rd  blog I have started.   It has never really taken off.  I find myself thinking now way to much about what to say.   Why is that?

Well, I completely understand that this blog is not life changing for all that read it.  I also understand that it will not be published in some blogger webpage as a top blog to read.

Yet, for the first time it is being read.

This is also the first time that I set up a blog from the real me, not some internet icon.

Those who know me know that I am a people pleaser (well most the time).  I find myself writing something and then changing it because I think "so-and so" might not like that.This is a dangerous cycle that I can put my brain in.

So, today I find myself at a loss of words, which is very odd.



I started 3 different blogs today....

one about change
one about silly stuff (but then decided it was not that silly)
one about the expectations you put on your life.....this one I liked but had a hard time with all the words.

 I even sent some emails and text to friends about what to write about.  I started each of them and it just did not pan out.

So, today I tell you that my life is now so very typical that I feel very silly about writing about it.   Mr. did not have and ICU moment this Christmas.  He is going to work now, and if you were to meet us today you never would know that part of our life journey. We are back to our normal.

My path in minsitry had changed, but what more can I say about change?

My house still has things breaking (the dishwasher and the garage door) so nothing new there.

My boys are still boys.  I can say that if Slick does not put on deodorant that I can not stand to be in the same room with him.  But, I have a feeling this is my new normal. 

I guess I am saying that I feel like the normal in my life at this point is so normal what do you say about it?!?!?!?

So, today you get ramblings about nothing.  My perspective on this is that sometimes "normal", "boring", "typical" can allude all of us.  We just live it.  It becomes a rhythm that is like breathing, we no longer think about it.  So, if today is your normal enjoy it.  If today is your not so good, very bad day; remember that your "normal" is soon to come.   So, today I say live life.  Enjoy it. Notice it.

My devotion calendar says, "My child, pay attention to my words, listen closely to what I say.  Don't ever forget my words, keep them always in mind.  They are the key to life for those who find them, they bring health to the whole body."  Proverbs 4: 20-22   This verse says to me me:pay attention to what I know, enjoy it, and live life for a greater reason (it is not all about me).  This focus is what will give me my health and joy.  

P.S.-Happy Birthday to my Sweet Sister!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment