Tuesday, November 13, 2012

How do we show our children perspective?

Smile of pure joy on a birthday!
So we all know that children are very self-centered they have a view of life in a beautiful and pure way, but mainly their way.

I feel that my children are blessed beyond any stretch of the word.  They have a safe home, a safe school, they have loving family, wonderful friends.  They have stuff….lots of stuff. 

Last week we had to run some errands.  My youngest began to wine about having to go to Kroger to get milk….really?!?! 

These are the moments where I want to drop my kids in another place so that they can see life from another perspective.  I mean you can only tell them how blessed they are so many times, and then next you will find you self saying, "There are starving children in Africa." Yes, there are but guess what...there are starving children in Texas also.

I am searching for ways to give my children true and meaningful perspective.  How can they know how bless and wonderful their life is if that is all they see?

My goal:  by this summer I am going to find several family missions that my kids can attend with me to serve and learn from others.

No comments:

Post a Comment