Monday, November 12, 2012

America and Politics

Don't worry I am not going to tell you that I am super excited that our President received 4 more years in office, I am also not going to tell you that I am moving to Canada.

What I will do is tell you that all of the political jargon melts away when you attend an elementary school Veterans Day assembly.

The kids singing
the past, current and future veterans surrounding our kids

I was holding back the ugly cry.

This was an awesome way to start Monday.

Mr. D and Slick with Pa and Pops. 
You see when you think of the service that the men and women give us all it is worth more than a holiday.   This could only be thanked with a choir of children singing thanks, and letting the kids show off their Mom, Dad, grandfather, etc.  

I also love the respect that my kids school showed all the veterans today.  There was not talk about respect, it was shown, it was given.   That my friends is how you teach respect!

So, today I have the perspective that my children do not really understand what freedom is.  Freedom is all that they know.   Thank you Veterans!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment