Thursday, August 15, 2013

Staycation 2013


So, our stay-cation had been very nice.  It started with me thinking seriously about going to a hotel alone and having some "me" time.....but I counted to ten, drove around the block and came back home for the family.

We have not dipped our feet in the sand or ocean water. 

We have not look out on snow covered mountains. 

We have had some family time that involved worshiping as a family, painting the house, book reading, siting around a fire telling horrible  "scary stories", laser tagging, fishing, ATVing, ping ponging, etc.  

We are (like most families) always going.  We are usually spilt to make sure Slick gets here or Mr. D gets there.  Or someone has to work late, etc. 

It has been nice to just be a family of four.  Together.  

I miss the together time.  A new school year is about to start and when the bell rings it is almost like a starting gun/race to Christmas begins.  

This week has reminded me that we are a good team, far from perfect, but when we are together it is good.  

It might have been a little awkward at first but now that the week is over I will call it a success.

Perspective:  Don't forget how powerful it is to "fall in love" with your family again.  It helps you remember the good in all of the members and makes you stronger as a whole!  


This picture is a perfect symbol of my life.  And I love it (most of the time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment