Friday, August 23, 2013

Ouch!

Well, I woke up on Monday morning and could not move my left shoulder.

It is not how I planned to start my week.

Not only could I not move it but I was in crazy pain.

I also had to ask for help.  This is not an easy thing for me.

Mr had to help me get dressed, do my hair, and luckily I was able to do my own make up with one hand.  Who knows how I would look like if Dan did it!

Ross helping Rachel dress up

I am writing this just waiting for PT.....ouch!  I also don't look like this.....



After seeing the doctor and now and staring PT, it look like this can be fixed with some PT!  YIPPIE!

I am rambling....but the PERSPECTIVE:

Well, This week is crazy busy......like super busy.  I have zero time to stop life and be in pain.

So, I just kept going.....and had to keep asking for help......

I even had to ask the doctor to help me with my sweater.

This has made me slow down.   It has also reminded me that as much as Mr. and I have our highs and lows.....I am super glad that he is willing/able to slow down and help me get dressed!

So, I am still in pain, but it is better and I am sure in a few weeks it will just be a memory.

PERSPECTIVE:  To slow down and ask for help does more than make sure that I am dressed appropriate for work.   It humbles me.   It reminds me that slowing down is never a part of my calendar, but can be so important to me.   It brings a time to stop, a time to reflect, a time to just breath.

So, as the crazy lives of back to school begins take some time  to stop and enjoy the moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment