Monday, August 12, 2013

Friends....


So, I was watching the Today show last week and they did a segment on when you need to move on from your friends.  It was a really harsh segment.   They recommended making a list of people who you spend time with most often, then next to their names put a 0, X or +.  


            0= not good or bad influence
            X= bad for you (sucks your time, always negative, etc.)
            += Good for you (lifts your up, positive influence, etc.)

My question is:  Who would really want to do this?   Don’t friendship move on as the rhythm of life moves on?  

I have friends that I never talk to but if I saw in a coffee shop we could talk for hours.
I have friends that are no longer a big part of my life but I still love.
I have friends that a no longer a part of my life for good reason.
I have friend that never return phone calls or text, but I hope they are doing well.
I have new friends, work friend, school friends, life long friends, etc.  But they are all friends.
I have family that are dear friends, and friends that have become dear family.




Some friends are a crazy important part of my life and if a week goes by and we have not talked it feels weird. 

Some friends we talk about once a month and always start like we just saw each other yesterday. 

There are a few friends that I never see anymore and it is sad, but it is life.  I know that sounds cold, but it really is in the rhythm of life.  Sometimes friend’s change and either leave you behind or just move on.

 I am blessed to have true dear friends that lift me up, bring me down, laugh, cry, listen, watch my kids, my dogs, bring me food, etc., etc., etc.I hope that I am a friend that they are proud to have and that they feel love, prayers, laughter, and that I will be there when they need me!

This blog was also inspired by this post.(sent from wonderful friend!) http://www.thehouseofhendrix.com/2013/07/16/35-things-i-want-my-daughter-to-know-about-girlfriends/


Perspective:   Life is better with people in it who you love!  Today call a friend that you miss, you will not regret the time.


3 comments:

  1. There are some friends who you share an office wall with and have to deal with their artsy fartsy rig-a-ma-roll but wouldn't trade it for anything! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete