Friday, April 5, 2013

That @#&%#* bowling ball

So, in January I posted about my gradual (but nice and steady) weight gain.  It is 16 pounds (depending on the day and the scale....some days it is 20). See Blog Here. 

It is now March and I am embarrassed to say....I am still carrying that silly ball and with me all the time.

Let's just round it up to 20 pounds...why not?  ug.....


UG.   I have a new plan and so far this week it seems to be working.  I am counting my calories (My fitness pal) and I am walking.  So, I am just actually DOING my original plan. 

You see this became gradual progression from a work out all the time-to miss a few days, to once a week, to NEVER. I have not been at the gym in 2 months.

How?

Well you see I have the type of personality that I need to do it strong and ALL or what is the point? 

The point is that going to the gym 2 times a week is much better than 0.  (I was going 4-5 days a week. )

The point is that going for a walk is better than NOT going for a run.



The point is that I need to take care of me.  I feel icky, I don't like the way my clothes fit (most of them don't) and I really don't like pictures of me.

I had 4 people pat my belly on Easter Sunday and I don't have a cute baby in it.  I also have 3 chins in this picture. This dress is also really cute, but 2 sizes bigger than it should be.....


So, I now have a plan.  I am no longer just talking and writing about it I am doing something about it.

I will loose 2 pounds a week and by June I will be back to where I need to be.

I will do this by:

-writing down everything that goes in my mouth
-going to the gym 2 days a week (this will increase but it is my starting point)
-walking 2 days a week (this will turn into a jog, but hey got to start somewhere)
-cutting out most sugars
-being accountable with friends and family.
- I am also going to try out Yoga. :-)

Ok, so now you know.   If you would like friend me on My Fitness Pal or on Striiv (counts my steps) please do!

Perspective:   Staying healthy takes work and commitment, just as other things in my life that I care deeply about.  So, I need to give myself the time and attention that I give my family, work and school.  It really is that Simple. 

1 comment: