Friday, March 29, 2013

Quiet Moments

Last night I was apart of a very moving Worship Experience.   The music was grand, the scripture was grand the sermon was grand.  But, the most moving part of the service was sitting at a table of 12 and serving communion to each other.


I participated with:

  • a group of 12 giggling girls that were somewhat worried they would do it wrong.  The group got very quiet during the time of prayer. It got real.

  • groups of mostly strangers that passed the bread and cup around the table and became new friends with the meal.

  • A young woman helping a senior woman down the steps of the church.

  • children that served communion to their mother and siblings.
It was a very powerful experience for me.  I was honored to be a part of it! 

Perspective:   It was in the quiet moments of the service last night that again reminded me that those are the moments to pay attention to.  The quiet moments are the real moments that shows us the most about life, about others.  Enjoy the quiet moments....notice them!


Keeping it Real: As I was writing this Slick came in the office and was blasting Taylor Swift...I got to look at him and say, I am writing about quiet moments.....get out!  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment