Friday, March 22, 2013

CONTROL!!!!




So, the class schedule came out for Fall 2013.  

 I became obsessed.  I read it, I studied it, I figured out that I only need 6 classes now to graduate.   I figured out that when you only need 6 classes the schedule really dictates me, I do not dictate it.  That does not go well with my “Type A” personality.  So, I found myself finding ways to obsess.   I could switch this class for that, I could do this, I could do that.   I found myself finding ways to find control.   In all honestly I gave up hours of my day/week that I can never get back.   Why?  I was searching for control.  I  took something really simple and turned it into a HUGE project.  


 This answer was simple.  I need 6 classes.  Pick 2.  Be done.

 
I find myself doing this in all aspects of my life.  I want to feel in control.  I want to make sure that life is all in order.  
 
Now, it is important to have some control and some focus, but it is also important to be able to let go and let life happen.   It is amazing when you:

- stop and talk to your neighbor even though you have laundry in side.

- drop a coffee off to a friend even though you are on your way to work (and your alarm did not go off). 

- You hug and kiss your other half when they come home even though you are busy writing a paper.

-You put down your to-do list and play some baseball even though you have never really liked the game.  

- you listen to the stranger who begins talking to you and needs someone to listen even though you are really busy and have enough friends.

- go fishing even though it is time for dinner (you might just catch a huge bull frog)



 
You know what happens? 
 You build relationships.  You let life happen.  You find your self smiling and not stressing (as much).  




Perspective: This blog entry is written for myself today.  I woke up stressed, and then had a chat with a neighbor on the way to school, I got a sweet email from a new friend, I kissed Mr. before he went to work.  I made a yummy cup of coffee.  You know what.- I already feel better about my day.  Enjoy yours.  Have some fun.  Do some work.  and SMILE!


8 comments:

  1. That frog was amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Don't forget you also listened to my whiny butt! It counts! You are amazing and I have no idea how you do it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, I will listen to your winy butt every day!! You are sweet, I don't do it all, I do some it it every day. :-)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you had to say...I need to learn from it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you had to say...I need to learn from it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is the best time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if
    I may just I wish to counsel you some attention-grabbing things or
    tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
    I wish to read even more issues approximately it!

    Feel free to visit my homepage; how much should i weigh chart

    ReplyDelete