Monday, September 12, 2016

Why I love PokemonGo….

So, let me start this by saying I don’t know much about my Pokdex. (I had to look up how to spell it correctly).

What I do know…..

I get to spend some fun (ish) time with my boys. 

You see- my boys have really bonded easily with my super husband.  Anything he does they love, laugh at, appreciate with ease…….

I have a great connection, but don’t always have easy connection points.

For example:

  • I don’t know or really care about the college sports events.
  • I don’t know or really care about professional sports.
  • I don’t know a ton about WWII history.
  • I don’t know or really care about mindcraft.
  • I am not their Dad.



I DO love my boys and try to find connectors when I can.

When this game came out a much younger co-worker was so excited about the game so I looked into it. 

 I then set up accounts for my boys.  (let the angel music play).

Here is what I do know:
  • I can take a walk with my kids and search for different pokeymon.
  • I can set up a lure module and sit for 30 minutes waiting for pokeymon.
  • I can go to local parks to go for hunts. Using incense.



This game how weird, stupid, a waist of my time….has become a time to walk and talk with my boys.

I am now on level 16 and have some very rare Pokeomon. Cool right------most of all it is a time where I do find out what my boys are up to and how life is going.  


Can I do this with out Pokemon Go?  Yes.  
But, this tool is something that I have embraced.  My church, and place of employment, has some cool Pokeystops that are right next to a cross and a pond.  This is a great place to just sit and chat. 






This crazy game that I don’t totally get has given me a place at the table with my kids.  I will accept that. 



Perspective:  So, you are a Pokemon hater…. that is fine.  I get it.  But, find a tool in your life to get some one on one time with your kids.  I know that I have 240 weeks before Slick graduates from HS and 344 with Pickle.  I am going to find ways to connect and build our relationships.   I will learn football plays, mindcraft stuff, study WWII…….I will keep a connection going, even with Pokemon.......

No comments:

Post a Comment