Thursday, February 28, 2013

How in the world is it March 2013!?!?!?

You know that sometimes life can go by so slow.  You know those times:


  •  a meeting and every time you look at your watch it is 10:02....time stands still
  • class that you take and you swear that as you walk into the room time stops
  • A movie that you watch that is just horrible....it feels like it is 5 hours long
But in the over all timeline of life....it happens in a flash. Today is March 1, 2013.   I have to say that I am a little dispointed in the 2000's, I really thought we would all have jet packs and flying cars, we don't.  Sorry that is off topic, it just needed to be said. 

But, time sure does go by fast.....like lightning fast!

I have been in grad school for 1 1/2 years....some days it feels like moments and some days it feels like 10 years. :-)

I have been in my current position for 59 days.   That is 2 months....going on 3.....some days feel like my first and others feel like I have been a part of this church all of my life.

I have been married for 13 years this June.  That means that I have been with Mr. for over 15 years.   That means that I have now spent more time being his "better half" than I did in elementary, Jr. High, and High School.  

I have been a mom for 9 years.  We starting thinking about being parents about 11 years ago.  How is that 11 years ago?  How is Slick 9 years old?  How is Mr. Determined 6 going on 7?  I know I am going to blink and they will be men....grown men......

So, I guess the point of this is time can fly by or can feel like it will never end.   Some moments are so precious that we want to hold on to them forever, some are so horrific that we wish them away, and some are so just life and we don't pay much attention to them.   But, I want to remind you that every moment is a gift.   The good and the bad. 

You will hear me say, "I'm living the dream"......I heard this first from a dear friend.  It made me smile.   Some days I believe her, and some days I just think "Whatever.....what is your dream?"  

Perspective:  Today....live into your dream.  Live the dream.  Watch what happens when people ask you,"How are you doing today?"  Respond with:  "Just living the dream."  Watch their face....and smile. 


2 comments:

  1. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot
    about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that,
    this is great blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.


    My blog; zivinicka-raja.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Look forward to having you back! I got lazy on the pictures today. ;-)

    ReplyDelete