Friday, April 22, 2016

The simple answer that changed me forever

A week ago I was working on a presentation titled, “Best Practices on How we Connect Church and Home.”  Sounds really exciting, I know.    I started this task like I do so many others with a simple outline:






Then I began some research to help back up what I though would be helpful to others.



I started putting together my 10 minute talk.  I had the typical research in it; some ideas about how social media can help.  I had slides full of wonderful typical information.


Then I started rehearsing.  My talk was fine.   It was totally boring.  I did not want to listen to myself.  I was frustrated, is there really a best practice?  Is there something that will help every church no matter how large or small?  Why is this so BORING?!?!?!  

Then an image of a child appeared in my mind.  A child. 



That is the key, that is the answer.  No matter what curriculum you are using, what size your church is, if you are connecting with the children of the church in ways that makes them so excited about God, about sharing, about praying, about church.  The children will wake up their parents.  The children will bring friends.  

The children…….The children……….  The children. 

This is the start to my journey of looking at a simple answer in a deeper way.

Perspective:  Sometimes we make things much more difficult that they are.  Today look for the simple answers.  




2 comments: