Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Safety Net



I have many different circles of friends in my life.  
 
  • I have a group of teacher friends.  We have dinner about once a month to reconnect now that we are no longer working together. 
  • I have a group of neighborhood friends whom I have grown closer as our boys have grown up together. 
  • I have a group of college girlfriends that have know me longer than I have known my husband.
  • I have a group of friends from SMU.  We chat and pray together once a month. 



Each group is vital and important to me.  But, the one thing that all have in common is they support me, my marriage, and my family.  I don’t think any of them would be as strong without my web of friends.  

I think back to my teenage years and my parents had the same support system of friends.  I am so very thankful.  They would a redirect me in positive ways when my parents were not able to.  They would support and love my family when we needed it.   I am so grateful for the safety net of people my parents surrounded me with.  It has made a true impact on my life.

I am now in a life point where my friends have become my family’s safety net.  They surround us with the love and support that we need as a family.  



Who is in your safety net?  This week let them know how important they are to your family.  Thank them for their friendship and support.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 CEB
Two are better than one because they have a good return for their hard work.  If either should fall, one can pick up the other.  But, how miserable are those who fall and don’t have a companion to help them up!

This is the Blog that I read that inspired this post: http://www.thehouseofhendrix.com/2015/10/11/lean-in-to-kids/

No comments:

Post a Comment