Friday, May 23, 2014

Take me out to the Ball Game!



Baseball is teaching me some life lessons!

So, it is not a secret that I grew up in a family of all girls (poor Dad).  We played piano, were in musicals, in band, in theater, and did swim team……

I married a man that is one of four boys.   They played sports, ran in the woods, played sports, played, sports, etc.

So, the life that I have now is VERY different!  




We are a baseball family!  Slick plays 2nd base, and Mr. D is a catcher.

Lessons I am learning from baseball:

·       The leaders are important!  I am talking about the coaches and the kids!
·       Playing catch is as not easy as it looks.  
·       Practice does matter.
·       Game days you wear a uniform, not an outfit.
·       The Umpire (not the referee) can also be called “Blue”
·       There are about 1,000 terms that people use that I may never understand (“pitch to hit”, “down the line”, “2 up/2 down”, “2 away”)   But, I am trying and learning.
·       Every person on the team counts.   Baseball is as much as a team sport as an individual sport.  
·       What you say in the stands matters.   We need to remember it is a game.
·       It is good to win and lose.  It teaches lesson that cannot be learned any other way.

Even if you have showered and fixed your hair, you will leave games with orange dirt in your hair, teeth, ears, (players and fans) and if you are playing in your underwear. 



No comments:

Post a Comment